Off the coast region of Cassowary, you will find the small town of Mission beach. Based on the census conducted in 2016, there are approximately three thousand five hundred red people living in this small town. In 2011, the population was eight hundred.
If you have searched for luxury accommodation Mission beach and booked your hotels, you will need to know a little more of things so that you know a little bit of Mission beach.
The average temperature during the year is 25°C and the best time to visit is during the dry season. The dry season starts in April and ends in October. Rainfall can happen anytime during the year.
What’s special about Mission beach?
There are large native birds that are called Cassowaries. If you are lucky, you will be able to see one.
Here are a few activities that can be done during your stay:
- Diving or snorkelling in the Great Barrier reef.
- Experience a guided a kayak tour at the sea.
- Skydiving with an exhilarating view of Mission beach.
- Whitewater rafting at Tully River
- Having a picnic and chilling
- Walking the Ulysses Link Walking track for forty-five minutes or the Cutten Brothers Walking path for forty minutes.
- A nice swim in the sea.
If you want to do a little of shopping there is a shopping centre at Wongaling Beach. You will also be able to enjoy different cuisines at different restaurant along the beach. let’s not forget the bars and the cafes that are located close to the mission beach resort accommodation area which is great.
If you want to do a little bit of island hopping you can do a day trip to the island of Dunk. Here you can enjoy a picnic, build sandcastles and relax as much as you want. There is also a Dunk island pathway, which is about seven kilometres. There are water taxis available at Wongaling beach to the island of Dunk.
A few places to visit in Mission beach
- You should definitely consider visiting Paronella Park located in Mena Creek, which is more towards the island.
- If you like to visit a national park, then one must visit Wooroonoon National Park where Mamu Tropical Skywalk. You will also see an amazing view from the Observation tower.
There are many other things such as waterfalls, cool cafes and more national parks to see in the North, West and South side of the Mission beach in Australia.
Plan your holiday well and enjoy it as much as you can.